New clients must have an allergy alert test at least 48 hours before their appointment, and no more than five days before.
Returning clients will need an allergy alert test if:
• They have not had a hair colour before
• They have not had an allergy alert test for 12 months.
• They have had an allergic reaction to any products (except hair colour) in the last 12 months.
• They have had a tattoo or black henna tattoo.
• The salon have changed colour brand or product.
We follow the instructions provided by the hair colour manufacturer when doing an allergy alert test, applying the product mixed or unmixed in the crook of the elbow.
We are a member of the NHBF and follow the allergy alert system to check client suitability for colour treatments.